Help please

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Help please

Postby aryder1996 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Hello all, I need your help please. I have an FS1 which I have started to restore (just) and before I spend any serious money on it I need to check it's validity. We bought the bike in 2001 and we were told it had been brought in from Holland. There is no log book with the bike and it has been in the shed ever since. The engine and frame numbers match, can anyone tell me how I can check it out please. All the sites that offer vin checks are looking for 17 digits and the dvla want a reg number which I don,t have. Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Adam
aryder1996
16 at last

Re: Help please

Postby trueblue » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:32 pm

HI Adam if you go to the DVLA DATING SERVICES

Age related number plate & V5 applications, VED exemptions for historic vehicles etc on this site it will tell you more about how to do it , happy times stu.
trueblue
On the Road & Rocking

Postby aryder1996 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Thank you :lol:
aryder1996
16 at last

Postby rasgus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi Adam, If the bike is an import as it sounds very likley it is, then any of the data check companys will not be able to check its past history as it has not been uk registered.

If all looks well and consistent with the frame and engine numbering then I would contact the VJMC (vintage japaneese motorcycle club) who offer an official dateing service to obtain a dateing certificate that you will need along with an mot and an application for tax and a registration certificate

Post some pictures up on the site of the bike and its numbering and im sure we would be able to give you an idea of what you have got.
rasgus
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:06 pm

No need to go to the VJMC as we do our own DVLA approved Dating Certificates and in addition we do them free of charge to members ;) whereas the VJMC charge in the region of £35!! :o

Send me a PM or email Adam with the frame number and I will identify exactly what model you have and which country it was made for etc. I will also be abel to tell you in which year it was made rtc
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby rasgus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:34 am

pertheswede wrote:No need to go to the VJMC as we do our own DVLA approved Dating Certificates and in addition we do them free of charge to members ;) whereas the VJMC charge in the region of £35!! :o

Send me a PM or email Adam with the frame number and I will identify exactly what model you have and which country it was made for etc. I will also be abel to tell you in which year it was made rtc

OOOPPPSS.... :o sorry Per , didnt mean to redirect your custom but didnt know you were able to offer the same dateing service :oops: oh well, seems he's in safe and more expierenced hands now also being able to given expert advice on the model ect.
rasgus
On the Road & Rocking

Return to General Fizzy Chat