Think it's quiet on here? - Here are some stats for you!

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Re: Think it's quiet on here? - Here are some stats for you!

Postby Markyboy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Well as usual im the only person on here at the moment, which is often the case.
Its a bit weird really :?
Markyboy
On the Road & Rocking

Postby marky » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:33 pm

no im here as well :roll:
marky
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Most ever online at one time is 8 which was only once in Feb 2010 :| :?
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby Markyboy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:14 pm

marky wrote:no im here as well :roll:

:lol: you werent when i looked.

But im all alone again :cry:
Markyboy
On the Road & Rocking

Postby marky » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:27 pm

no youre not :lol: :lol:
ps im NOT stalking you
marky
On the Road & Rocking

Postby tubsaeng01 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:20 pm

As a relatively passive member, I still enjoy the banter and the exchange and input from the more knowledgeable and techy members...as I'm sure many others similar do.

I have discovered a small handful of Fizzy owners and enthusiasts very locally to me in Portsmouth area by attendance at a few local motorcycle events over the summer - we are talking about arranging some runs/social activity of our own - any others reading in the near vare are very welcome to make themselves known through this forum and be included...the more the merrier!

At risk of opening any possible 'political problems' of which I am completely unaware but can imagine might exist, the guys I've met seem to 'use ' the other 'non-official' FS1E site more for browsing and input for whatever reasons...I browse both and have had useful and friendly input from both and tried to input in return to both where I can.... it seems 'the other' site does have much more activity and exchanges - I don't know reasons/any possible past politics and don't want to create any trouble!

The comment from Per : 'This website and forum currently costs us £1,500/year (or 150 membership fees) to run and maintain and for the little it is being used you are not getting good value for your money I would suggest.' is not understood on the simple numbers available (appreciating some other costs are obviously involved somewhere) - 422 members x £10 per year = £4220...website cost £1500 etc etc...

For my money, I really enjoy it and would be sorry to see it go - I suppose you'll always get large numbers of passive/low energy input members and a smaller number of much more active jhowever you do things....

Thanks for a great site from me anyway :)
The 'Ville DX Rider....
tubsaeng01
16 at last

Postby rasgus » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:12 pm

I can appriciate how you must feel Per as you do put a lot of time and effort into the smooth running of the club and the figures dont make good reading but it seems a few more local organised ride outs and events and participation from people around the country with the clubs backing is the way forward to promote the club and generate some interest and member response. Within other clubs that I am in they have appointed regional cordinators that are responsible for events and meets within their area of the country and then an annual AGM every year.
rasgus
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:39 am

rasgus wrote:I can appriciate how you must feel Per as you do put a lot of time and effort into the smooth running of the club and the figures dont make good reading but it seems a few more local organised ride outs and events and participation from people around the country with the clubs backing is the way forward to promote the club and generate some interest and member response. Within other clubs that I am in they have appointed regional cordinators that are responsible for events and meets within their area of the country and then an annual AGM every year.

Are you volunteering as a Regional Co-Ordinator then Rasgus? ;) :roll: :D
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby rasgus » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:43 am

Looks like I set myself up for that one... :D well yes we already have a regular meet on a Wednesday night at the 24hour Blackheath tea hut , Blackheath common, South London from 7.30 onwards as it is bike night there anyway.
We also occasionally meet there on a Sunday as a meeting place and depending on the weather have run outs to Box Hill in Surrey even the south coast and we will be meeting at the hut for this years Ace cafe run.
We do get quite a good turn out with differing makes and models of peds includeing fizzys, YB/fiz specials ,RD50 , ZR50 , AP50 and even a Fantic last time out from a guy on the sports moped site that lives near me and I introduced to the hut gang , which was its maiden voyage since being rebuilt and made it there and back without problem..except a blown tail light bulb..Italian electrics :roll:
Anyone interested in joining in for a meet or ride/burn then please feel free to either just turn up or pm me for more details.
rasgus
On the Road & Rocking

Postby nat666 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:07 pm

I bloody well would like to if I lived a bit closer Andy ! 8-) see you next weekend at the Ace !
restorer of rust relics
nat666
On the Road & Rocking

Previous

Return to General Fizzy Chat