Think it's quiet on here? - Here are some stats for you!

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Think it's quiet on here? - Here are some stats for you!

Postby pertheswede » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Total Paid-Up Club Members to date - 417 :D 8-)
Total Registered onto this Forum - 250 :o :(
Total Registered Forum users yet to post a forum message - 116 :? :|
Total Registered Forum Users who have only posted one message to date - 20
Total Registered Forum Users who have only posted less than five messages - 178
Total Registered Forum Users who have only posted more than 50 messages - 19
Total Registered Forum Users who have only posted more than 100 messages - 12

As you can see we are obviously an extremely shy and/or lazy bunch of people.

We currently have around 20 members (less than 5% of total membership) who seem to be somewhat interested in using this Forum :|

I am amazed that people spend their hard earned cash to join a Club such as this and then want nothing at all to do with it? I just don't get it? :?

At a risk of repeating myself again, you only get out what you put into "your" Club!!

This website and forum currently costs us £1,500/year (or 150 membership fees) to run and maintain and for the little it is being used you are not getting good value for your money I would suggest.

I will give it until the end of the year and if I don't see a marked improvement in the activity you will leave me no alternative but to shut the forum and website down and spend the money on something more worthwhile I suggest.
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Re: Think it's quiet on here? - Here are some stats for you!

Postby fizzydoctor » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:40 pm

pertheswede wrote:Total Paid-Up Club Members to date - 417 :D 8-)
Total Registered onto this Forum - 250 :o :(
Total Registered Forum users yet to post a forum message - 116 :? :|
Total Registered Forum Users who have only posted one message to date - 20
Total Registered Forum Users who have only posted less than five messages - 178
Total Registered Forum Users who have only posted more than 50 messages - 19
Total Registered Forum Users who have only posted more than 100 messages - 12

As you can see we are obviously an extremely shy and/or lazy bunch of people.

We currently have around 20 members (less than 5% of total membership) who seem to be somewhat interested in using this Forum :|

I am amazed that people spend their hard earned cash to join a Club such as this and then want nothing at all to do with it? I just don't get it? :?

At a risk of repeating myself again, you only get out what you put into "your" Club!!

This website and forum currently costs us £1,500/year (or 150 membership fees) to run and maintain and for the little it is being used you are not getting good value for your money I would suggest.

I will give it until the end of the year and if I don't see a marked improvement in the activity you will leave me no alternative but to shut the forum and website down and spend the money on something more worthwhile I suggest.

That would be a real shame :(
Wires in a mess? Need some help? Visit https://www.facebook.com/FizzyDoctor
fizzydoctor
On the Road & Rocking

Postby marky » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:19 pm

i agree with you paul
marky
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Polecat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:20 pm

I've only recently joined and I must say I was amazed to see that the most users online was only 8!!!! 8 people out of 400 and odd members. Not very good is it.
Polecat
On the Road & Rocking

Postby jobby » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:51 pm

i find it strange why people would pay to join then never use the site
jobby
On the Road & Rocking

Postby mikew » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:06 pm

I think it a case of knowing what people want out of a "club". I always thought that clubs were about meeting up locally with like minded people or at least being able to do so without requiring a trailer and travelling half way up (or down) the country.

Obviously with the internet we are all spread out and there is not a simple solution, but I notice that not many members add their location which suggests people are not interested in meeting up and they would rather use this as a forum only when they need something.

I agree, it would be a shame close the site.
mikew
On the Road & Rocking

Postby rustyrim » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Quality rather than quantity.
It would be a shame and a great loss to the spirit of the legendary fizzy if this site was to dissolve into hyperspace. :(
I acknowledge that site admin puts a vast amount of time and effort to keep this site running, as well as attending various motorcycle shows to promote this club/form, and that it must be frustrating to observe very few members actively taking part and putting something back into this forum.
Maybe the majority of us should share more of our joys and despairs of running and restoring these little yammy gems...
Picked up a couple of parts at Netley Marsh auto jumble, whilst dodging the showers today, although it was quieter this year.
rustyrim
On the Road & Rocking

Postby funkymoped » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:17 am

Rest assured guys I will never let it close as the guy that does the website is an old friend and if I have to pay for it myself to keep the dream alive I WILL!

That said I shall run a few ideas past Per re events etc and how to move this forward,
I am the phantom Fizzy stripper.
funkymoped
On the Road & Rocking

Postby BrizeyBee » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Peek a boo! :D
BrizeyBee
16 at last

Postby ChasT » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:04 am

As with all sites, i look upon them as joining a motoring group such as the AA or RAC or the like. You join with the hope that you'll never need them, but youre glad that theyre there when you do!!

That said, it's only the input from other members which make the site work and as you would expect, the input tends to come from a handful of active members, the rest of us being passive. Myself included in the latter.

Seems to be the way of things, Doers and non doers.

Same applies to meets and ride outs. The hardcore element will try and attend every meet, others will attend those they can, and some like me, do nothing!
Tried it once, and came to the conclusion that it wasn't for me, being a fair weather rider does little to help matters on that score, but, i'm here to help where and when i can, and i think that is the important point.
Its here when fizzy owners need it most.
ChasT
On the Road & Rocking

Next

Return to General Fizzy Chat