at a loss!

General Chat about all things Fizzy

at a loss!

Postby jonbaker » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:38 pm

hi jon here. i am at a loss! i joined the club spoke to a few members about various parts i required and have heard nothing since! have i broken some rule? check my e-mails! one of them is for crankcases, another for pedal mechanism and the third is for a zinc kit nobody has got back to me! is it "cos i is welsh?" what are you up? to i am serious about building my fs1e which once built will be used on the road ( which is what they were built for!) i am sorry i do not meet your criteria and i await your replies as to your reasons for your actions if anybody can be bothered to reply!!!!!!!!!! yours deflated jon baker
jonbaker
16 at last

Re: at a loss!

Postby mikew » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi Jon,

I think the club works well and you do get a good response via the forum, but now you mention it I think there probably is a problem with the messaging system. I send one a while back and it first stayed in my out box then it went to sent, but I got the feeling it went nowhere. Either that or you are correct?

Either way, hope the bike is making some progress.
Mike
mikew
On the Road & Rocking

Postby sijrayner » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:29 pm

hello Jon, it does take a while to get a reply around here, ( i think the give-away is that it says the most users ever online was 8 sometime in feb 2010.) i look everyday for any interesting updates to the forum but usually find i am alone in cyber world. you will get replies from Per and i think he is THE main man for any bits, might be worth pm him direct. most of the guys, being of the slightly older persuasion are infrequent visitors. best of luck buddy.
sijrayner
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:59 pm

I am extremely frustrated at the lack of input and apathy from the vast majority of the membership :? :(

I cannot understand why you would join a Club such as this and then not get involved? :?

The vast majority join the Club via the homepage on this website and only a handful via other routes, so most do have access to a computer and the internet, so there is no excuse for not popping in and saying hello from time to time :roll:

We now have a membership approaching the 400 mark but still only a handful come on here and get involved, ask or answer questions, submit photos or their fizzy stories. Same story again when it comes to getting involved and lending a hand at shows and events we attend as a Club. It is always down to the same few individuals to get stuck in. :|

At the risk of repeating myself, it is "YOUR" Club and you will only get out of it what you put in!

As far as I know there is nothing wrong with the Forum PM system. The PM stays in your "Sent" Outbox until such a time as the intended recipient logs onto the Forum and it is only then sent into their "Inbox". You should see a "pop-up" window upon login to tell you that you have one or more PM's waiting in your Inbox :roll:
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Return to General Fizzy Chat