In a few words please!

General Chat about all things Fizzy

In a few words please!

Postby funkymoped » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:49 pm

In one paragraph can you PM me why you bought a Fizzy second time around and you age as well please?
All will be revealed soon...

Ie: My name is John 49, I am from Aberewatever on sea and I bought my fizzy three years ago to annoy the wife.
I use it as an ornament as I spent to much restoring it to spoil it by riding it.
I am the phantom Fizzy stripper.
funkymoped
On the Road & Rocking

Re: In a few words please!

Postby marky » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:07 pm

funkymoped wrote:In one paragraph can you PM me why you bought a Fizzy second time around and you age as well please?

Ie: My name is John 49, I am from Aberewatever on sea and I bought my fizzy three years ago to piss the wife off.
I use it as an ornament as i spent to much restoring it to spoil it by riding it.

funkymoped wrote:In one paragraph can you PM me why you bought a Fizzy second time around and you age as well please?

Ie: My name is John 49, I am from Aberewatever on sea and I bought my fizzy three years ago to piss the wife off.
I use it as an ornament as i spent to much restoring it to spoil it by riding it.

my name is mark my wife bought me a fizzy as a 40th fathers day present , i never had one at 16 cos i had a far superior ap50B model although if truth be known my mate had a very early yamaha ss 50 and i much preferred riding that to my ap50 but i now have my original ap50 back however the bug struck me and since getting the first fs1e i have owned ove 100 of them
marky
On the Road & Rocking

Postby nat666 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:43 pm

I am 45 years old and when I was in my late thirties I saw a early fizzy for sale which was similar to one I had when I was sixteen so on spur of the moment I opened my wallet and bought it on the spot, I have had bought , restored and sold numerous bikes since then.
restorer of rust relics
nat666
On the Road & Rocking

Postby tubsaeng01 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:04 pm

My name is Simon, I'm 49 years old & live in Portsmouth. I had a Fizzy DX when I was sixteen and have recently bought another one that is identical out of nostalgia, after riding a similar old Honda bike on holiday 2 years ago.
The 'Ville DX Rider....
tubsaeng01
16 at last

Postby merlin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:53 pm

My name is paul, i am 48 living in midhurst, currently restoring the very same fs1e i rode when i was 16.
merlin
16 at last

Postby Johnny_Reb » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm 47 years old, was in a local bookshop a couple of years ago and came across the Haynes book of restoring a FS1E, purchased the book and a dismantled ped a few weeks later. I am SLOWLY!! still putting it all back together again.
Cheers,
John ;)
Johnny_Reb
On the Road & Rocking

Postby snowking7 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:03 pm

My name is Gordon, age 48, bought a FS1E because that's what I had at 16 and wanted to bring back some very fond but distant memories ;o)
snowking7
16 at last

Postby sijrayner » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:24 am

my name is Simon, i am 46. i bought a fizzy to take part in a charity endurance moped race back in 2002. i had an RD50 when i was 16 but was jealous of mates that had unrestricted fizzies.
kept the bike in my garage ever since, now i've given up racing i have no bikes to play with so decided to restore the fizz.
sijrayner
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Bought my first fizzy, a mint Baja Speedblock -(SGC 872R) during the summer of 1978 and like Mike W below, at 12:01 on the 7th October 1978 I went out onto the main roads for a 3 hour ride in the freezing rain and fog. It was stolen a few months later and I was totally devastated:cry: I did replace it with a bit of a shed of a Popsicle Purple but it was never quite the same although a bit quicker ;) :D

Always wondered what ever happened to it as it was my pride and joy :?:
Thoughts of my fizzy came to the forefront of my mind again in 2005 when I discovered eBay and wondered if there were any surviving fizzys out there!!?? :o :shock: :? :lol:

Six years on I currently own 11 fizzys and the the rest is history as they say! :roll:
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby mikew » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:43 pm

My name is Mike; I'm 43 and live in Woking. At 12:01 am on my 16th birthday I rode my 1977 Fizzy having waited years and it was great. Had been thinking about a restoration project for a while and a similar model came up and the decision was made.
mikew
On the Road & Rocking

Next

Return to General Fizzy Chat