Re: Area Membership Groups

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Re: Area Membership Groups

Postby pertheswede » Mon May 30, 2011 11:26 am

Johnny_Reb wrote:I have been a member of the owners club for over a year now, I have visited the ebay auction house and seen membership offered at the same price that I have paid with a free t shirt. I have also been aware of free stickers etc. offered to new members, I brought an old fizzy 18 months ago and am at a point where I have spent a considerable sum of money to assemble and be able to put this machine on the road again after many years of it being idle in someone shed. I could finish assembling this bike, its 95% there, paint job new parts etc. but for what end? a bit of my youth rekindled, ride around a bit. I asked the question a few months ago about regional groups within the owners club organisation, and although some names were floated about nothing was done, and i am still in the dark to who out of the 350 members in this club resides anywhere near where i live.I have asked a few question for advice etc on this forum and received good advice, and have strove to put my bike on the road with some help mainly from from my contact with Tony and Per with work required for my bike. But if I had already owned a roadworthy FS1E what are the owners club offering the new member?
We all need a little inspiration and help with our projects and a few local like minded people to inspire and con joule us along the way, members to meet up with etc, have a few hours once in a while being teenagers once again with a crafty fag and a party 7 to blow, loads of memories and a good old crack.
350 members is a great achievement, but to what end? I have no T shirt or any stickers and am in the dark to any fellow members who may live nearby asking the same question. :cry:

You only have to ask Johnny_Reb!!

Lots of members have received the Club T-Shirts via the ebay listing as it was a way of getting round selling memberships on there. Please let me have your size and I will get one out to next day together with some other Club goodies!? That goes for anyone one else too by the way!?

In respect of organising events I spend a lot of time, effort and money in this area both for static displays at Shows and more and more actual ride-out events. I am also in the process of organising a Club Rally this year and details of this will be announced shortly ;)

I would also like to appoint Regional Co-Ordinators who can then organise more local events, meets and ride-outs on a more regular basis. If there are any members who would like to nominate themselves for one of these roles please make themselves known to me at your earliest convenience?? :roll: I am also happy to let people have details of other members in their local area, again you just have to ask!

I am also in the process of setting up a full Club Committee and again if there are any interested parties can they let themselves be known to me!?

You will get a lot more out "your" Club the more you put in and at the moment, we, like a lot of other Owners Clubs suffer from "Members Apathy" where everyone seems to expect everything to be done for them. :| This includes a lot of members who have not even registered on this forum, nor registered their fizzy(s) with the Club and National Register, haven't bothered to introduce themselves or shared any information about themselves or their fizzy stories, haven't submitted any articles for publication in our Newsletter "Fizzy News", or offered their fizzys to be put on Club Stand at Shows and have volunteered their services at Club Events etc etc

Members - it is "your" Club not mine, so maybe it is time to get a bit more involved perhaps!??

Regards

Per
Club Chairman
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Return to General Fizzy Chat