Replacement wheels

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Replacement wheels

Postby bobhenry999 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Guys,
As a new owner, could you guide me to the source of wheels to replace my rather rusty originals. I don`t mind if they are pattern parts. I have a 1976 Dx.
Thanks,
Bob
bobhenry999
16 at last

Re: Replacement wheels

Postby Candygold16 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:06 pm

bobhenry999 wrote:Guys,
As a new owner, could you guide me to the source of wheels to replace my rather rusty originals. I don`t mind if they are pattern parts. I have a 1976 Dx.
Thanks,
Bob

There are two ways of solving this issue,
Purchasing pattern rims and spokes, cheap yet the building is pricey,
Or to buy replacement fully pattern wheels, these can be purchased from eBay, although I am not sure if they fit your model ! There have been mixed reviews on pattern wheels.
If you go down the rebuild route, pattern parts are usually not quality, and spokes, especially zinc finish won't last 10 mins in this weather... What do you think ?? is budget an issue ??
I am now on the fizz and by god it feels good : D
Candygold16
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:06 pm

bobhenry999 wrote:Guys,
Thanks,
Bob

I can supply both complete and fully built up good quality pattern aftermarket wheels in painted silver for £175 including postage. The front wheel does not come with a disc however. You will also need the brake shoe holder plates and the sprocket carrier. (If you want these painted add £50 to price

To rebuild original wheels using your own original hubs (polished finish) and new 2 x Araya rims with stainless spokes will cost £370. Again you will also need to supply your own brake shoe holder plates and the sprocket carrier. (If you these polished add £50 to price)

Cheers

Per
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:07 pm

for best advice contact nick aka kwackers over on the sixteener-special site
marky
On the Road & Rocking

Return to General Fizzy Chat