1973 Gold FS1E

General Chat about all things Fizzy

1973 Gold FS1E

Postby garyb » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi all

just thought id post up the story of me gold fiz

first found the said machine back in October 2007, had just been listed on E-Bay
one sunday morning while brousing for bits for the purple one,it was in a sorry state but i knew we could do something with it, so i offered the man £400 for it he needed the cash so he bit me hand off, oh dear i've done it now i thought ,of i went there and then down to southampton picked it up
all i needed was a engine? as you can see the carb and the left hand casing were included,turned out handy as the engine i got was well what can i say, OH Dear?
our very own Marky came to the rescue well sort of found this for me chears mate?
so got it all home and stripped it all to death in about 2 hours flat it came to bits relativley easy, better than i was expecting.
got the frame of for powder coating and started to attack the engine did all the rebuild my self as i did with the other one.
got the frame back and sent the paint set off to you know who!! him who must be obeyed apparently! afer a lot of work bearings and dare i mention it money got the engine to look like this
now to start on the rebuild had the wheels done just down the road from me Steve at Wheelwize great job even got me gen rims for it.
Paint back and its starting to look good
after a few more bits and a bit of waiting i finally finished it and had it moted the day before the 2009 brighton run.
as some of you will know i was out on the sat run and nipped up a couple of times my inpattience got the better of me so that night i had to change the pisto and barrell went to the cafe on the sunday morning and to the start but didnt wont to chance it on the run so shot home and got the wifes Virago and me son for the run!
and what a laugh that was funky's face was a picture the biggest smile iv'e ever seen on the old sod!
the Fiz is now on full thrash mode as can be seen on the 1066 run with the might Allspeed so from this to this i LOVE IT!!!!!

VIVA LA PED!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mr B itch

Mr W Ippingboy
garyb
On the Road & Rocking

Re: 1973 Gold FS1E

Postby nat666 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:30 am

Looks good mate 8-) 8-)
restorer of rust relics
nat666
On the Road & Rocking

Postby JAKEY » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:44 am

love the pictures Gary , didnt look good when you bought it but now it looks pucker , weldone
JAKEY
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pebo09 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:53 am

Excellent work fella! .... Just shows what £400 can get you if you're prepared to do the graft :)
pebo09
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Eaglestan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:56 am

Great job you did on it gazza, looking forward to next years runs and banter all ready.
Eaglestan
16 at last

Return to General Fizzy Chat