heres why I have a fizz today

General Chat about all things Fizzy

heres why I have a fizz today

Postby flapinflares » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:34 pm

:( Iv had a couple of days sick with lurgy :( feel a bit crapy but thought I would stick on here the reason why I have a fiz today..... cheer me sen up a bit. here goes.

It was march 1975 and the biuld up to my 16th birthday (may 15th) I had got a job after school at a local petrol station, and was saving all I could to get a ped, My best mates birthday was before mine and his parents had signed for H.P, so he could have a brand new FS1E, and it was on order :evil:
the day came for me to watch my mate ride off into the sunset on his spanky new posicle purple....... boy I would have given my right arm..
I had no idear what I would end up with, until one evening dad came home from work and told me of a young lad at his factory that had a moped that was siezed up and he now had a car and was I interested.
What sort of moped,what sort?? My dad said he would find out the next day. you can imagine what I was hoping it was going to be :? :?
Dad still had the engine running on his CZ as I met him on his return the next night. Well?? What sort? Dad told me it was a Yamaha ss 50, he informed me it was the same as a FS1e but the older name. The lad wanted £65 for it and dad said he can rebore it at work (engineering factory) :shock: :shock: when do you want the money dad??.. see part 2 if your still reading :D
Roll back the years with two pedals and four gears
flapinflares
On the Road & Rocking

Return to General Fizzy Chat