Rear shock shrouds

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Rear shock shrouds

Postby Markyboy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:02 am

Ive started to refurb the rear shocks off my '73 fizz but am in desperate need for the shrouds as mine are rotten through but cant seem to find any anywhere, any idea where i can look? Also the chrome shrouds are badly pitted yet solid, any idea where i can source these also?
Any idea how much it would cost to have them stripped and re-chromed ?
Obviously im very new to all this so sorry for all the questions (there'll be a lot more yet :oops: :D )
Thanks in advance :)
Markyboy
On the Road & Rocking

Re: Rear shock shrouds

Postby jobby » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:18 pm

i think ebay is prob the best place but i have been looking for just 1for a while now with out any luck, i just had 3 sets of the chrome sleeves re chromed and they were quite bad when i sent them away but 2 sets came back very nice and the other one had a couple of holes where they were rusted right through but are still very usable.
jobby
On the Road & Rocking

Postby funkymoped » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:29 pm

my best advise to you is buy a pair of pattern ones use the tops and chrome bottoms and build up your own ones, No one will ever know the difference!
I am the phantom Fizzy stripper.
funkymoped
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Markyboy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:48 pm

jobby wrote:i think ebay is prob the best place but i have been looking for just 1for a while now with out any luck, i just had 3 sets of the chrome sleeves re chromed and they were quite bad when i sent them away but 2 sets came back very nice and the other one had a couple of holes where they were rusted right through but are still very usable.

How much did it cost to have them re-chromed?
Markyboy
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Markyboy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Funkymoped wrote:my best advise to you is buy a pair of pattern ones use the tops and chrome bottoms and build up your own ones, No one will ever know the difference!

Yes, i have got that idea in the back of my mind but ive got plenty to do as yet so will keep my eyes peeled for a while
Markyboy
On the Road & Rocking

Postby jobby » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Markyboy1 wrote:
jobby wrote:i think ebay is prob the best place but i have been looking for just 1for a while now with out any luck, i just had 3 sets of the chrome sleeves re chromed and they were quite bad when i sent them away but 2 sets came back very nice and the other one had a couple of holes where they were rusted right through but are still very usable.

How much did it cost to have them re-chromed?

sorry cant give you a price as i had a job lot of stuff done, but as tony says pattern ones is also a good option if you cant find the real thing.
jobby
On the Road & Rocking

Return to General Fizzy Chat