Dead club?

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Dead club?

Postby davea » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:39 pm

Does anybody use this web site/club?
I thought it would be much more active than it currently is.
davea
16 at last

Re: Dead club?

Postby purplepop » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:13 am

I do look on hear once or twice a week.

we need to start posting things, anything.
purplepop
On the Road & Rocking

Postby mrslance » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:43 pm

davea wrote:Does anybody use this web site/club?
I thought it would be much more active than it currently is.

Yes...Most of do look but at the moment there not a lot to say...apart from had a brilliant ride out from Buxton to Bakewell then onto Matlock On Saturday....Thanks to Per and Charlie...unfortunately not many turned up....Sunday ride was Cancelled due to heavy Rain ... :(
mrslance
On the Road & Rocking

Postby kawatriple2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:17 am

I still visit three or so times a week and try to contribute to help keep things going. Its a real shame as it was so active not that long ago and was a great help when I was restoring my FS1E-A 8-)
Yes - keep posting people - anything that may be of any interest :)
kawatriple2000
On the Road & Rocking

Postby mrslance » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:25 pm

kawatriple2000 wrote:I still visit three or so times a week and try to contribute to help keep things going. Its a real shame as it was so active not that long ago and was a great help when I was restoring my FS1E-A 8-)
Yes - keep posting people - anything that may be of any interest :)

Will do..problem is a lot of people seem to do their posting on Face book instead of on here...and it is a shame....:(
mrslance
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15 am

I am sorry to say that this Forum suffered greatly from the previous hosting company pulling the plug on the whole website and Forum a while back and has never really recovered. Also like Kathy mentioned, a lot more people find Facebook and easier option which is fine but that Group is open to both paid up members and non-members alike.

The Forum and Events are only ever going to be as good as the Members who contribute to them and I really don't understand why there is such apathy on both counts?

The Club, Committee and a few hardcore Members spend a lot of time, effort and money on providing this platform for all members to use as well a organising numerous events throughout the year, but very few paid up members ever get involved in any capacity whatsoever!!?? It begs he question why do they join the Club in the first place?

As the old saying goes" You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink it". :roll:

I have made numerous personal pleas to Members to use the Forum more and I also encourage every new member to come on here and introduce themselves upon joining but very few ever do!? :|

If anyone has any suggestions of how we can get this Forum to be used more please feel free to PM me with them ;)

Regards

Per
Chairman
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby kevsfizz » Mon May 25, 2015 4:41 pm

why not stick some of the club merchandise on ebay ,might get the club noticed , kickstart things off , no pun intended
kevsfizz
16 at last

Postby pertheswede » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:04 pm

We already do this through the Fizzy Parts eBay Shop, which is the Club Shop in effect as all proceeds go towards the running of the Club.

Face Book has taken over as the main communications vehicle for this and many other Owners Clubs it seems!? :| :?
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby Mole » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:03 am

Im very disappointed paid my fee and for what? I posted my first question no reply. I've been looking for parts all post out of date (years) I don't understand why I was allowed to join a dead non active club. Now see if I get a response! !!!
Mole
16 at last

Postby tytim » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Feel a bit that way too, paid my £10 and there seems to be virtually no activity on here.

Disappointed.
tytim
16 at last

Next

Return to General Fizzy Chat