Dead club?

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Re: Dead club?

Postby pertheswede » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:00 pm

We, the Club Admin, can only put the tools in place for the Members to communicate, like via this Forum and our Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/fizzyownersclub, but we cannot make people use them!? :? :(

We have tried many times over recent months to promote this Forum and get the Members to use it but to no avail it seems!? :? :| :cry: . The Facebook Group seems to be more popular and busy but it is open to both paid up and non paid up members with over 1030 members on there now.

Having to spoken to other officers of Classic Bike Clubs like the VJMC and the Rd Aircooled Club, it seems that the Club Forums like this one are all a lot more quiet these days since the introduction of FB Groups and other Social Media services.

Please keep using the Forum and hopefully if will gradually pick up again.

We are also currently looking into making parts of the Forum visible to and usable by non-members?

Cheers

Per Brandt
Chairman
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby pertheswede » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:43 am

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of activity on here but as previously mentioned we can point people in the right direction but we cannot make them post/reply on here. :?

A lot of Club activity now takes place on Facebook and other Social Media and the same can be said for most other Bike Clubs it seems, its just the natural progression of things. :| :(

We will try to promote this Forum again to all the Members new and old in the the forthcoming Autumn "Fizzy News" Newsletter. ;)
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby mrslance » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:08 pm

pertheswede wrote:I am sorry to say that this Forum suffered greatly from the previous hosting company pulling the plug on the whole website and Forum a while back and has never really recovered. Also like Kathy mentioned, a lot more people find Facebook and easier option which is fine but that Group is open to both paid up members and non-members alike.

The Forum and Events are only ever going to be as good as the Members who contribute to them and I really don't understand why there is such apathy on both counts?

The Club, Committee and a few hardcore Members spend a lot of time, effort and money on providing this platform for all members to use as well a organising numerous events throughout the year, but very few paid up members ever get involved in any capacity whatsoever!!?? It begs he question why do they join the Club in the first place?

As the old saying goes" You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink it". :roll:

I have made numerous personal pleas to Members to use the Forum more and I also encourage every new member to come on here and introduce themselves upon joining but very few ever do!? :|

If anyone has any suggestions of how we can get this Forum to be used more please feel free to PM me with them ;)

Regards

Per
Chairman

Hi Everyone...I do tend to keep looking on here as well as the Face book page...I personally don't have much to say on either sites...And I think Lance cannot remember his password or his password wont seem to work...he will just have to do a new password...Per if you can help Lance to reset his pass word please...
We both will be at the Stafford show next weekend as we will be at the N.E.C as well...so hopefully see some of you there...
Regards
Kath..xxx
mrslance
On the Road & Rocking

Postby mrslance » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:16 pm

Lance Cadwell Trackday 2014.05 Kath.jpg
Here is a picture of me doing parade Laps at Cadwell Park last Year August be fore I had my slight little Accident...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrslance
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Denbec » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:26 pm

I'm thinking let's post nude pics of are wife's / girlfriend a sat on are fizzys !!!! Ye man , now you've got my attention
Denbec
16 at last

Postby Andy2018 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Hello ...my names Andy and I'm a new member,currently no fs1e at mo but trying to sort something out,sold mine about 18 years ago and regretted it ever since,,kept the handlebar clamps though for some reason ...ha ha....
Andy2018
16 at last

Postby Mr Lemonade » Mon May 13, 2019 5:16 pm

I also wasted £10.
Having seen the club stand at the NEC in the past I presumed (wrongly) that this would be a thriving club full of information, good advice and banter.
The classic car clubs I have been a member of in the past did have a Facebook presence, but they used it to drive new members to the club site, rather than using the free Facebook site as the main platform while still happily taking the £10 subscriptions from us who didn't do our research first.
Great!
Mr Lemonade
16 at last

Postby witnesham59 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:49 am

Mr Lemonade wrote:I also wasted £10.
Having seen the club stand at the NEC in the past I presumed (wrongly) that this would be a thriving club full of information, good advice and banter.
The classic car clubs I have been a member of in the past did have a Facebook presence, but they used it to drive new members to the club site, rather than using the free Facebook site as the main platform while still happily taking the £10 subscriptions from us who didn't do our research first.
Great!

Hi there. I'm also a relatively new member having joined in early March of this year. I understand where you are coming from as I felt pretty much the same when I joined, but I gave it the benefit of doubt and looked at what was on offer, quite obviously no quick replies, if any! and the forum of course was quite dead!. On the plus side there is a mine of information on this forum when you take the time to browse the threads, which for me has been very useful and educational due to the fact it's been some 43/44 years since I owned a fizzy and some 35 years since I have owned a bike at all. I also took the time to get in touch with Per, the owner! who has been more than helpful during the chats I have had with him. I do understand you feeling despondent just as many others do and have to say that Per does too given the time and effort he has put in over the years. I did suggest to someone on here that maybe us newer members can help get it going again, it's certainly not going to help things when new members join, post once then never again, though of course I also understand that not getting a reply does not help matters at all especially when those members have paid ten pounds and quite rightfully have expectancies as a result. I do feel at the very least that those involved in running the club and this forum and the forum moderators should still be taking the time to pop by here every so often to at least welcome new members and answer the odd post. Following my visit here yesterday and reading your post I took the time to post about the situation on the owners club fb group, whether that will help or not remains to be seen!. In the mean time ( although not my responsibility! ) I will endeavour to drop in here every few days to try and do my little bit. Regards, Graham.
witnesham59
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Mr Lemonade » Sun May 19, 2019 9:15 am

Let's hope you like your own company Graham!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr Lemonade
16 at last

Postby kevsfizz » Sun May 19, 2019 6:38 pm

witnesham59 wrote:
Mr Lemonade wrote:I also wasted £10.
Great!

Hi there. I'm also a relatively new member having joined in early March of this year. I understand where you are coming from as I felt pretty much the same when I joined, but I gave it the benefit of doubt and looked at what was on offer, quite obviously no quick replies, if any! and the forum of course was quite dead!. On the plus side there is a mine of information on this forum when you take the time to browse the threads, which for me has been very useful and educational due to the fact it's been some 43/44 years since I owned a fizzy and some 35 years since I have owned a bike at all. I also took the time to get in touch with Per, the owner! who has been more than helpful during the chats I have had with him. I do understand you feeling despondent just as many others do and have to say that Per does too given the time and effort he has put in over the years. I did suggest to someone on here that maybe us newer members can help get it going again, it's certainly not going to help things when new members join, post once then never again, though of course I also understand that not getting a reply does not help matters at all especially when those members have paid ten pounds and quite rightfully have expectancies as a result. I do feel at the very least that those involved in running the club and this forum and the forum moderators should still be taking the time to pop by here every so often to at least welcome new members and answer the odd post. Following my visit here yesterday and reading your post I took the time to post about the situation on the owners club fb group, whether that will help or not remains to be seen!. In the mean time ( although not my responsibility! ) I will endeavour to drop in here every few days to try and do my little bit. Regards, Graham.
I pop in here every few days mate ,the threads are brilliant and are full of information as you say ,hopefully my resto will be on here with pictures this winter
kevsfizz
16 at last

PreviousNext

Return to General Fizzy Chat