Clutch

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Clutch

Postby Oliverreilly » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi guys, just a random thought popped into my head the other day

The fizzy clutch has two friction plates whereas my ap50 has 5 or 6 I think. Do you guys experience clutch slip on steep inclines? I weigh about 11 stone and I've heard a lot of people have been putting racing clutches into their bikes with stiffer clutch springs. Would I need to do this do you reckon? Is it advised?

Also, does the yb100 engine have more friction plates as its a more powerful motor? Just a thought!

Oliver.
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Re: Clutch

Postby rustyrim » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:58 pm

You could start with a set of heavy duty clutch springs and take it from there, rather than up grading the whole clutch. I'm shortly going to invest in a set. I used heavy duty springs when I was a younger and lighter lad; the clutch never slipped, yet my wrist ached. Or was that down to something else. :o :?
Weather looks good- I'm out tomorrow. 8-)
rustyrim
On the Road & Rocking

Postby allspeed » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:15 pm

I fitted a 50cc tuning 3 plate clutch as i was sick of mine always slipping, i tried stronger springs etc, atf oil, but still slipped a bit even when warm. It was the best 40 quid ive spent, its stops the slip 100% and i used standard springs so its no heavier on the wrist. Lugs my 17 stone around no problem . :oops:
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby rustyrim » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:01 pm

I like the sound of that... Still available, same price, any links..?
That would cure 1st and 2nd slip, and make the mild tune a bit more fun. 8-)
3rd into 4th aint a problem.
rustyrim
On the Road & Rocking

Postby allspeed » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Pm sent.
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:57 am

All sounds very good to me. Just need to have a play and see what's what I think. Would a yb100 clutch not fit?
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby rustyrim » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 am

Oliverreilly wrote:All sounds very good to me. Just need to have a play and see what's what I think. Would a yb100 clutch not fit?

No, not unless I stand corrected :?
rustyrim
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:32 am

allspeed wrote:I fitted a 50cc tuning 3 plate clutch as i was sick of mine always slipping, i tried stronger springs etc, atf oil, but still slipped a bit even when warm. It was the best 40 quid ive spent, its stops the slip 100% and i used standard springs so its no heavier on the wrist. Lugs my 17 stone around no problem . :oops:

Please share purchase information??? :roll:
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby lance » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:52 pm

i have 2 bikes fitted with daryls clutches and both have no slip at all our leader per rode one at donnington the kit comprises off 3 friction 2 steel. and two machined washers to go behind clutch basket plus 4 springs only one off the washers required asthere diffrent thicknesses to suit difffrent models one shot off here [shag] also rates these kits highly
lance
On the Road & Rocking

Postby allspeed » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:15 pm

pertheswede wrote:
allspeed wrote:I fitted a 50cc tuning 3 plate clutch as i was sick of mine always slipping, i tried stronger springs etc, atf oil, but still slipped a bit even when warm. It was the best 40 quid ive spent, its stops the slip 100% and i used standard springs so its no heavier on the wrist. Lugs my 17 stone around no problem . :oops:

Please share purchase information??? :roll:

Sorry Per i sent a Pm as Darrell doesnt have a website anymore and i didnt want to post his email and mobile number.. I think his ebay name is auto50tuning so any peeps can contact him through there. I will say though ,dont be afraid to chase him if he doesnt reply. He's a very busy chap with a crap memory. Also takes paypal :mrgreen:
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Next

Return to General Fizzy Chat