Which one?

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Re: Which one?

Postby pertheswede » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Buy a cheap pattern tap and nick the filters out of it? ;) :roll:
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby Oliverreilly » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:05 pm

pertheswede wrote:Buy a cheap pattern tap and nick the filters out of it? ;) :roll:

Per 'to the rescue' on that one? yeah a picture would be good if I could see one! Thanks mate!
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby allspeed » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:23 am

If only it were that simple, the pattern taps have a plastic filter thats not petrol resistant. Can you believe that ! They made it from a white plastic material that melts over a few months of emersion causing restricted flow, running problems and eventually engine damage if left un heeded.
Jeez these bloody china men couldnt make a chocolate teapot :roll:

Anyway i spent some time last night looking for this tap without any joy, i wonder if i gave to someone ?
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:09 am

allspeed wrote:If only it were that simple, the pattern taps have a plastic filter thats not petrol resistant. Can you believe that ! They made it from a white plastic material that melts over a few months of emersion causing restricted flow, running problems and eventually engine damage if left un heeded.
Jeez these bloody china men couldnt make a chocolate teapot :roll:

Anyway i spent some time last night looking for this tap without any joy, i wonder if i gave to someone ?

Ah well no worries that you couldn't find it! Thanks for looking anyway! What?! That's stupid! Non petrol resistant?! Ah well! I think I will just leave the filter and put one in the fuel line for when it's running. Maybe two in the line if I don't have a petrol tank one! Cheers lads!

Oliver
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Previous

Return to General Fizzy Chat