Running in speeds

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Re: Running in speeds

Postby rustyrim » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:07 pm

I have had similar symptoms with high revving when throttling off, especially in the early miles of running in. :? Fingers crossed it’s been a while since its done it, although I have re routed my throttle cable, but I can’t be sure it was that. Thanks for that, I will note the symptoms.

It has been fairly hot lately, fuel evaporation could be cause :|

With another 60 miles under your belt and a 15 front sprocket, I bet your fizz will do over 40 in third, especially if your ring its neck. The Teapot stays in the trophy cabinet for now. :roll:
rustyrim
On the Road & Rocking

Postby allspeed » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:56 pm

Wont get many miles on this week as got other jobs to do on another ped that ivebeen putting off. And my throttle hanging only does it in 4th not any other gear. Flipping windy down here today but i was chuffed how it was going even if the Pakistan gentleman in the petrol station told me he also had an rsx100 in india, and did i know they were a Two stroke :roll: HEEEELLLOOOOOOOO :mrgreen:
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby allspeed » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:14 pm

160 ish miles on now and 15 tooth front on tonight. Been out for a blast and although its much more relaxed i miss the punchy-ness it had on the standard gearing. Its pulling fourth ok but just doesnt seem on an initial run at least as much fun as it was. I'm gonna make my mind up after another 50 miles as pherhaps tonight was too short a ride to evaluate.
Top speed has increased where i get a chance to use it but my pipe is designed for a heavier rider with all the grunt in the low to mid range, its not a revy pipe its meant to ease the gaps in the fizzy box which it does nicely but at the expense of outright speed.

So 55 still not found yet, but im sure its in there somewhere if i dare to extend my luck... :roll:

Pherhaps its under the teapot :mrgreen:
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:08 pm

allspeed wrote:160 ish miles on now and 15 tooth front on tonight. Been out for a blast and although its much more relaxed i miss the punchy-ness it had on the standard gearing. Its pulling fourth ok but just doesnt seem on an initial run at least as much fun as it was. I'm gonna make my mind up after another 50 miles as pherhaps tonight was too short a ride to evaluate.
Top speed has increased where i get a chance to use it but my pipe is designed for a heavier rider with all the grunt in the low to mid range, its not a revy pipe its meant to ease the gaps in the fizzy box which it does nicely but at the expense of outright speed.

So 55 still not found yet, but im sure its in there somewhere if i dare to extend my luck... :roll:

Pherhaps its under the teapot :mrgreen:

Or inside the teapot? Try looking in there...
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby allspeed » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:23 am

Had a peek inside the Teapot and found my standard pipe, gonna fit that tonight and see what that does. I gave up last time, its a genuine unrestricted two peice later type pipe, but i just cant get it to fit the bike properly. The kickstart hits it, it wont seal at the barrell and it doesnt sit straight on the bike. Pherhaps the pattern downpipe is the culprit :?: Anyway i will try again tonight i can smell victory.
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:57 pm

allspeed wrote:Had a peek inside the Teapot and found my standard pipe, gonna fit that tonight and see what that does. I gave up last time, its a genuine unrestricted two peice later type pipe, but i just cant get it to fit the bike properly. The kickstart hits it, it wont seal at the barrell and it doesnt sit straight on the bike. Pherhaps the pattern downpipe is the culprit :?: Anyway i will try again tonight i can smell victory.

Per sold me a downpipe but I bought it for my ap50 to take a micron exhaust. Have no idea if it's a pattern one or if it's genuine. You could always try him for another? He will let you send it back to him if it's no good.
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby rustyrim » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:10 pm

I took the fizz out for a run on Wednesday... I agree, with the 15 you lose the ‘punchy-ness’ and flexibility, yet gain on top end. However, that’s at a price by ring its neck in third. Like you I will wait for a few more miles.
I recon for short journeys and local blips the 14 is much more fun- maybe a sprocket for the Autumn and Winter months. If you travelling further afield- longer country hacks- stopping for a cool shandy- :P maybe the 15 is more suitable.
Catch 22 :|
Yup, I recon the Teapot is still up for grabs.
rustyrim
On the Road & Rocking

Postby allspeed » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Oliverreilly wrote:
allspeed wrote:Had a peek inside the Teapot and found my standard pipe, gonna fit that tonight and see what that does. I gave up last time, its a genuine unrestricted two peice later type pipe, but i just cant get it to fit the bike properly. The kickstart hits it, it wont seal at the barrell and it doesnt sit straight on the bike. Pherhaps the pattern downpipe is the culprit :?: Anyway i will try again tonight i can smell victory.

Per sold me a downpipe but I bought it for my ap50 to take a micron exhaust. Have no idea if it's a pattern one or if it's genuine. You could always try him for another? He will let you send it back to him if it's no good.

Well i tried tonight, i actually got it to fit and seal for the first time, i shot out for a ride and its fourstroking like mad, totally un-rideable. I whipped the baffle off as it felt like it had been crimped but as the pipe is nos so was the baffle. Even on the stand it wont rev out with that pipe on, thats me done with it, ebays getting that.
Put me spanny back on and normal service is resumed 8-)
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby allspeed » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:10 pm

rustyrim wrote:I took the fizz out for a run on Wednesday... I agree, with the 15 you lose the ‘punchy-ness’ and flexibility, yet gain on top end. However, that’s at a price by ring its neck in third. Like you I will wait for a few more miles.
I recon for short journeys and local blips the 14 is much more fun- maybe a sprocket for the Autumn and Winter months. If you travelling further afield- longer country hacks- stopping for a cool shandy- :P maybe the 15 is more suitable.
Catch 22 :|
Yup, I recon the Teapot is still up for grabs.

Another ten miles tonight, i held it in 3rd and by 38 its really out of beans but it does eventually go to 42 in 3rd. Tonight re-affirms my thoughts it will do 52 on the tank on the flat and the revs are not crazy high, but i just know what garybs athena bike is like and he would be up the road by the time i hang out 3rd and get 4th going nice :?
Soooo ive decided to get up early and put the 14 back on :mrgreen: , it will lose 3-4mph out right speed but i want the straining at the leash effect back, lets face it most of fizz riding with others is about 45-50 mph tear ups, i know it will do 55 down hill even with the 14 but 60 is more likely downhill on the 15, the standard combination on my bike just wouldnt make that.

Just another 40 miles , which i can do this weekend if the weathers fair, then 55 here i come and it shall be immortalised on film via me crap cam as proof :P Who would have believed one tooth different on the front sprocket would make the bike ride so different :!: Now where did i put that 38 rear :lol:
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby allspeed » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:46 am

Jeez bike ran pants today, 14 is back on but today it was spluttering like a bitch. Needs a 150 i think rather than 160, as if you let it labour(and i got stuck in town) then it cant clear itself.

So i went for 55 :D , and i must be jinxed as firstly the cam didnt show the speed past just over 50 and secondly the light was so bright on that side of the speedo anyway that u cant see bugger all :? Would have been a pisser if i made 55 but it didnt go past 53, but that was sitting up on a slight incline.

Have a look anyway , the links below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmBh63_P ... e=youtu.be

:P
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

PreviousNext

Return to General Fizzy Chat