Running in speeds

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Re: Running in speeds

Postby allspeed » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Due to public demand :roll: i fitted the 150 main back in and headed for one of the few hills down here. 204 miles on the motor and i went for it, down hill , on the tank. The run up to is up a slight incline.

:|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAka-rEzCk8

I rest my case M'laud ;)
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:30 pm

allspeed wrote:Due to public demand :roll: i fitted the 150 main back in and headed for one of the few hills down here. 204 miles on the motor and i went for it, down hill , on the tank. The run up to is up a slight incline.

:|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAka-rEzCk8

I rest my case M'laud ;)

You did it! Now who's giving up their teapot? ;)
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby rustyrim » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:10 pm

That’s outstanding. Congratulations ;)
Thrash it-cane it-ring its bloody neck! :lol:
Members of the Jury- you have seen the evidence before your very eyes. Whereas, defendant’s fizz has only reached 53mph. Therefore, it is only right to award the Flying Teapot to Allspeed.
Judge and Jury I rest my case. :roll:

rustyrim
On the Road & Rocking

Postby allspeed » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:43 am

I thrashed the DX we recently finished on the Northern Fizzy run and blew the clutch and condensor. I was told by Mark G who put the engine back together again that the bike would never do more than 45 mph tops :? :(

I have never built a fast fizzy to date for some reason and yes I know I am a FB but even so they have all been pretty slow and sub 50mph :| :? :(
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby allspeed » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:04 pm

My own experince of a standard fizz in healthy order was 43 on the flat and around 48 downhill, the chinky kits seem to make little difference. This in my view makes you more vulnerable on the road. There are plenty slower than this as is seen every year on the runs.
Personally i just like my bikes to be lightly breathed on and 50 on the flat is fast enough for me and is what is strive for. I have never seen my bike go past 56mph downhill. All the above are Gps speeds. I know there are a few genuine 60-65 on the flat bikes out there as i have witnessed them but i use my bike far too much and expect it to be very reliable as well so im happy with exactly how it is. I overtake cars every time i go out.

Its all for a laugh anyway, thats why i do it .
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby allspeed » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Tonight for a laugh :roll: i fitted a standard one peice pipe tonight and went thrashing covertly. Goes well enough but i like the comfort a nice noisy spanny under me, 1/ it goes better(just) but more importantly 2/ every fooker knows im either coming, passing or gone :mrgreen: Spanny = safer riding , i think thats the equasion anyway. :lol:
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Previous

Return to General Fizzy Chat