Colours

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Colours

Postby Oliverreilly » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:51 am

Is candy gold and candy orange two different colours or the same thing?
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Re: Colours

Postby allspeed » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Same thing.
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:26 am

Oliverreilly wrote:Is candy gold and candy orange two different colours or the same thing?

For some reason everyone calls "Candy Orange" "Candy Gold". :?

The SS and the early FS1-E's were all officially painted in a "Candy Orange" paint.

"Candy Gold" is a totally different colour :!:
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby allspeed » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:01 pm

pertheswede wrote:
Oliverreilly wrote:Is candy gold and candy orange two different colours or the same thing?

The SS and the early FS1-E's were all officially painted in a "Candy Orange" paint.

Your wrong Per, but your right, if you brought a gold fizz new in the day over here it would be the same colour if you called it Orange or Gold, Yamaha only supplied the Fizz in the one colour variant.

If your talking Candy paint and forgeting the fizz bit then Candy Orange is Off course different to Candy Gold. But thats not what was originally asked :!:
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:00 am

allspeed wrote:
pertheswede wrote:

Your wrong Per, but your right, if you brought a gold fizz new in the day over here it would be the same colour if you called it Orange or Gold, Yamaha only supplied the Fizz in the one colour variant.

If your talking Candy paint and forgeting the fizz bit then Candy Orange is Off course different to Candy Gold. But thats not what was originally asked :!:

It is just a pet hate of mine Ted, people calling it "Candy Gold" when the official name is "Candy Orange". Easy mistake I know, as it looks more like gold than orange but not right nevertheless in my humble opinion! :roll:
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby Oliverreilly » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:05 am

I was just wondering because I have seen a few around the Internet which look slightly more orange than gold. Wasn't sure whether it was a funny paintjob or camera or two different colours. I agree, it looks more gold than orange, but it doesn't half look good! Orange I guess probably sounds more youthful than gold!
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:54 am

Oliverreilly wrote:I was just wondering because I have seen a few around the Internet which look slightly more orange than gold. Wasn't sure whether it was a funny paintjob or camera or two different colours. I agree, it looks more gold than orange, but it doesn't half look good! Orange I guess probably sounds more youthful than gold!

Lots of dodgy painters out there so beware Ollie ;) :o :shock: :? :lol: !
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby allspeed » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:11 am

There was a shot at Billing a few years ago of a line up of lots of early bikes, and they were all different colours.
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby trueblue » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:59 pm

mine was painted buy tc but my friend in margate his ss was different colour have a look in restoration diary stu s ss but tc owns it now so would think its the right colour now.
trueblue
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Yeah I guess there's some variation between people replicating the colour. I'm sure tc has come across a nos paint set and matched the paint to that. I'd like to know the make of paint that tc uses because I enjoy doing paint myself and I've sprayed a few candy colours in the past and been pleased with the results, but I doubt he will give away his secrets! Ive got a pretty good paint supplier so I will see what he has to offer as a backup plan!
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Next

Return to General Fizzy Chat