Dating

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Dating

Postby gavwakey » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi, I have a fizzy frame with number ending in 9448, I am getting conflicting information as to whether it is a SS or a FS1E, Per thinks it is a FS1E, TC thinks it is a SS. Having spoken to Marky he has a FS1E with frame number ending 96xx, can anyone give me an accurate date of registration? it has been suggested that fizzy doctor may be able to give me advice or chast who has had a similar dilemmer.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Gav.
gavwakey
On the Road & Rocking

Re: Dating

Postby fizzydoctor » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi Gav,

It is very difficult to know for sure if the frame number is in the 9000 range :?

My own fs1-e is in the 10,000 range so I am confident that it was originally badged fs1-e.

It is my understanding that when Yamaha were ordered to stop using the SS designation by the courts that some unsold bikes that had already been imported with the SS decals had to be changed to fs1-e.
So it may have been changed at a date of registration rather than a frame number?

If you had the V5 you can request a copy of the original registration document by using for V555 which has the supplying dealers details, but I guess you don't have this :?
Wires in a mess? Need some help? Visit https://www.facebook.com/FizzyDoctor
fizzydoctor
On the Road & Rocking

Postby gavwakey » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:49 pm

Yes that is correct I dont have the V5, the dilemma I am in is do I make it SS or FS1E, are there any pro's and con's for doing it either way,

Cheers,

Gav.
gavwakey
On the Road & Rocking

Postby fizzydoctor » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:54 pm

gavwakey wrote:Yes that is correct I dont have the V5, the dilemma I am in is do I make it SS or FS1E, are there any pro's and con's for doing it either way,

Cheers,

Gav.

The SS being the first version for England could make it more desireable but a Candy Orange fs1-e is much rarer.

I think either would look right so it is up to you ;)
Wires in a mess? Need some help? Visit https://www.facebook.com/FizzyDoctor
fizzydoctor
On the Road & Rocking

Return to General Fizzy Chat