How to add photos to your post using "Photo Bucket"

General Chat about all things Fizzy

How to add photos to your post using "Photo Bucket"

Postby butchers » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Guys, hope some or all of this is helpful to you?

Hopefully I'll explain in detail with images of how to add your photos for your thread.

First of all you need to register and open a FREE account with http://www.photobucket.com. You will need an "e mail address" and "user name". Please do that first. ;)

When you have done that you should end up with a home page some thing like this ;) .

Mine may be slightly different as I have several files .

At this stage you need to open Photobucket and the forum at the same time. You will then see the two icons at the bottom of your screen.

Open a new thread on this forum and then to add a photo:-

1.) Click onto the "Photobucket" icon at the bottom of your screen taking you to the home page
2.) Move your cursor over the "UPLOAD" icon and click with you left mouse button.

3.) Move your cursor over the " Select Videos and Photo" and right click with the mouse.

4.) Search for your file in your computer. In my case I use the "Explorer",back tracking through my files.

For the purposes of this demonstration I will use a photo from my engine rebuild.

5.) Click onto the desired photo and it should highlight to show it's active.

6.) Once you have done that move your cursor over the "Open" option on your screen and right click as below:-

7.) Your computer should then go into upload mode and you should then see a photo like this:- (note that some larger high quality photos take time to download so be patient)

8.) When the download has completed you will have an option to save at the lower right of your screen like this:-

9.) Your photo is now in "Photobucket" some thing like this:-

10.) With the Club Forum and Photobucket open on your screen you now need to go into the Forum ready to move your photo from Photobucket onto your thread post. Once you have added your text like I have you are ready to add a photo.
Now click onto the Photobucket icon at the bottom of your screen and open Photobucket and move your cursor over your photo like this:-

11.) You will get a bigger photo with numbers above or below. You are looking for the "IMG CODE" this the number every one shouts about and you can't find :shock: :? .

12.) Left click onto the "IMG CODE" like this:-

13.) When you have clicked on the "IMG Code" with your left mouse button now click on the forum icon at the bottom of your screen again with your left mouse button. You should now be back into the forum and you see your text and a flashing cursor ready for when you are about to put your next text.

14.) With the RIGHT BUTTON click on the screen and you should see a grey box like this.

15.) The last thing you need to do is move your cursor to the word "paste" and click your mouse, your photo will now copy to the thread and you should see a series of numbers like this starting with "img" something like this

16.) Click onto the "POST MESSAGE" icon and you have now loaded a photo onto the forum using Photobucket, hopefully!!?? ;) :? :lol:

Note:

Click return after each photo if doing multiple photos or it will make the thread too wide.

Go on give it a try!! ;) ;)
butchers
On the Road & Rocking

Re: how to load photos using photo Bucket

Postby pertheswede » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:49 am

Brilliant, I've been meaning to post that myself for ages!! ;) 8-)
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Return to General Fizzy Chat