Message for Per - MY SS50 :D

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Message for Per - MY SS50 :D

Postby Oliverreilly » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi Per, just found out you were after the SS 50 I just bought.

Sorry about that, but you've already got the oldest in existence so it's only fair! Will be restored and I will put it on your register as soon as I get home. Hope to see you at a ride out soon!

All the best, Oliver.
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Re: Message for Per - MY SS50 :D

Postby funkymoped » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:11 am

I actually have the oldest in existance frame number 000111 also if it was the gold ss on ebay I was the second highest bidderat £3577.00 good luck with the resto you did pay to much but I am glad you got it and not me as I was offered a restored one for £4100 which I have now bought which requires just painting the correct colour.
I am the phantom Fizzy stripper.
funkymoped
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:02 am

Oh, sorry! I knew it was someone highly regarded in the forum. I think I got it for a good price considering it came with 3 racks and a massive box of spares. Was like a kid on Christmas day going through it! It's 100% complete, done 2085 miles. All it needs is paint and chrome. It's so original infact, that it had the original battery with it and also the dustcaps! I'm just proud to say I have an ss! It's all I could have asked for :) there's a purple one on eBay at the moment by the same chap. Williamgofar is his user name. You'll see it. Sound bloke and really nice to chat to.
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Charlie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Who,s the bloke who is highly regarded? :o :shock: :? :!: :?:
Charlie
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Oliverreilly wrote:Hi Per, just found out you were after the SS 50 I just bought.

Sorry about that, but you've already got the oldest in existence so it's only fair! Will be restored and I will put it on your register as soon as I get home. Hope to see you at a ride out soon!

All the best, Oliver.

Not me Oliver, it was too late a Reg No for my customer ;)

Good luck with the resto and let me know if I can be of any help?

I've got lots of parts should you need any or just free advice? ;) :roll:

Cheers

Per
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Postby Oliverreilly » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Not me Oliver, it was too late a Reg No for my customer ;)

Cheers

Per[/quote]

Haha I guess your customer wanted the L reg? it's not bad for my first fizzy at 21. Got an ap50 on the go as well. As long as it is a genuine ss (which it is) I'm happy!

I need a few things. One being the left hand switch gear choke mounted version. I've got the lever, the thread which it sits on has sheared off. All I need is the top bit. I have all the rest and wiring etc. do you have one? Also the other thing is the rubber holder that the flasher relay sits in. That's perished. Seat pan too would be good but the rest of it is original and perfect.

I've also got a complete front end. Forks, yokes, and front wheel. They are later forks with the drum on the left, but still good. Missing the drum mechanism. Let me know if you know anyone who needs them. Cheers, Oliver.
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby mikew » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Oliverreilly wrote:Not me Oliver, it was too late a Reg No for my customer ;)

Cheers

Per

Haha I guess your customer wanted the L reg? it's not bad for my first fizzy at 21. Got an ap50 on the go as well. As long as it is a genuine ss (which it is) I'm happy!

I need a few things. One being the left hand switch gear choke mounted version. I've got the lever, the thread which it sits on has sheared off. All I need is the top bit. I have all the rest and wiring etc. do you have one? Also the other thing is the rubber holder that the flasher relay sits in. That's perished. Seat pan too would be good but the rest of it is original and perfect.

I've also got a complete front end. Forks, yokes, and front wheel. They are later forks with the drum on the left, but still good. Missing the drum mechanism. Let me know if you know anyone who needs them. Cheers, Oliver.[/quote]

Oliver pm sent to you re forks, Mike
mikew
On the Road & Rocking

Return to General Fizzy Chat