Does anybody know...?

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Does anybody know...?

Postby Oliverreilly » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Does anybody know the exact date cut off where the SS turned into the fs1e? Or does anybody know the last SS frame number? I'm in the middle of purchasing one and want to know whether it's a genuine SS. The start of the engine and frame number is 66**. It's an M reg and has the SS logo on the side panels. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Oliver.
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Re: Does anybody know...?

Postby thezedman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:57 pm

thats an ss the cut off point is about 8500 give or take ?
thezedman
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:59 pm

thezedman wrote:thats an ss the cut off point is about 8500 give or take ?

You're a life saver! Thanks for your quick reply!! I can sleep easy tonight then! Cheers pal!
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby thezedman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:04 pm

no probs glad i could help :)
thezedman
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:15 pm

thezedman wrote:no probs glad i could help :)

If you're a keen ebayer, you would have seen the little beauty on eBay. Candy gold with the ss logo. No docs but it has a dating certificate and is registered as 1st of August 1973. That's what threw me off a bit. Both numbers match and looks totally original. The fellow who is selling it even had the decency to dismantle it for me :) makes it easier getting it into the car I guess! Thanks for your help again. As soon as I get it, I will get in on Pers registry and hope to join you on a ride out in the near future! I'd like to do the Brighton run in the future but I live in Manchester so will have to trailer it down. Can smell the 2-stroke already!
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby thezedman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:32 pm

yes i did see the bike on ebay good luck with your restoration. i have a couple of ss fizzys myself & dont live that far from you im in rainy chester :lol: . per is not that far away near crewe.
thezedman
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:20 pm

thezedman wrote:yes i did see the bike on ebay good luck with your restoration. i have a couple of ss fizzys myself & dont live that far from you im in rainy chester :lol: . per is not that far away near crewe.

Oh really? I've seen a few ride outs from the vjmc in Cheshire so may see you on one of those if you're a member with them? I'll keep you posted on how the restoration goes and let you know when I'm aching for a ride on it! What fs1e's have you got? I've also got an ap50 and 5 Suzuki b120's. It's my first yammy so quite excited! Do you know if the owner is a forum member? Cheers, Oliver.
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby pertheswede » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:41 am

thezedman wrote:thats an ss the cut off point is about 8500 give or take ?

Sounds about right Paul.
Oliver, you are safe in the knowledge that the 0066?? bike if definitely a "SS" model ;)
1624 Club Members signed up as of 14-05-2023 :-)
pertheswede
Site Admin

Return to General Fizzy Chat