Help! Doing my head in!

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Re: Help! Doing my head in!

Postby smokejumper » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 am

I remember the duckhams one was the only type I ever saw.

You can just make out "one shot treats half gallon" which makes sense as we sometimes only bought half a gallon,

used to turn the younger kids up side down and shake them, until the change fell out their pockets and we could go buy petrol ( only joking , but they were hard times ).
smokejumper
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:02 pm

2-stroke and redex dispensers are on their way to me now! Thanks for that Per! Made my weekend! Some great ideas for carrying the correct amount of oil. Still looking for a fizzy. Will keep you posted on what happens!
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby trueblue » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 pm

one shot for half a gallon two for a gallon , if you go to a lawn mower shop they sell two stroke in bottles with built in measureing cups 15 20 25 30 40 to one .
trueblue
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Oh that's brilliant! Thanks for that tip mate! I will see if I can revamp my duckhans dispenser and use that instead! That would be a novelty! Oliver
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Johnny_Reb » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:22 pm

I had an MZ simpson for a few years a while ago and the mix ratio was 1:50. It used to have a small dispensing cup held in the neck of the fuel tank. Just un-screw the tank cap, take out the cap fill it for each litre of oil, after use, pop in back in the tank neck and replace the tank cap.
I thought it was quite a neat idea 8-)
Johnny_Reb
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Oliverreilly » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:08 am

Johnny_Reb wrote:I had an MZ simpson for a few years a while ago and the mix ratio was 1:50. It used to have a small dispensing cup held in the neck of the fuel tank. Just un-screw the tank cap, take out the cap fill it for each litre of oil, after use, pop in back in the tank neck and replace the tank cap.
I thought it was quite a neat idea 8-)

That's a great idea! Would plastic fall apart and go soft being in modern ethanol petrol now? Hope you are still riding buddy.
Oliverreilly
On the Road & Rocking

Postby trueblue » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:38 pm

Just got two plastic dispensing bottles ,small, that fits in side panel , one for half gallon two for gallon :D
trueblue
On the Road & Rocking

Previous

Return to General Fizzy Chat