Thundersprint 12th/13th May 2012

General Chat about all things Fizzy

Re: Thundersprint 12th/13th May 2012

Postby allspeed » Thu May 17, 2012 9:36 am

What i mean is Per, we built em to ride not show. Its impossible to keep them mint enough to show off if your using them reguarly.
allspeed
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Lionel » Thu May 17, 2012 10:22 am

:) I always ride them as well a bike just needs to be there, they are all scrutineered before taking part in the cavalcade (brakes, bearings etc nothing to be frightened of to make sure all bikes are in a safe condition although the bikes don't need to be road legal we have full blown racing bikes ridden on the street in the cavalcade) all the ones we have are ridden to and from the Thundersprint that's what they are built for :)

The Thundersprint is always the same weekend the one after BSB at Oulton Park and the one before the Brighton run.

I am planning on doing both next year Thundersprint and Brighton as well as the TT at the beginning of June + I'll be at the BSB as well :D .

If we can get some names onboard for the Thundersprint 2013 I'll speak to the organisors and see what we can do, equally if you want to do the cavalcade on the Sunday I'll research that for you as well. It would be nice to have a pack of fizzys riding together in the cavalcade we had 4 this year and that was good but even more would be better and if we can get Honda SS50's, Puch's etc that would be fantastic.

It is the busiest event I've been to more people and bikes attend than anything else I've been to including BSB.

If you can make PM me your details and I'll start compiling a list and keep everyone informed as we go along.

Thanks for the interest and keep riding those fizzys :D
Work To Live don't Live to Work..
Lionel
On the Road & Rocking

Postby thezedman » Thu May 17, 2012 3:23 pm

i will bring one of my fizzys along again next year lionel. i dont think the honda ss 50,s will be able to keep up with us though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
thezedman
On the Road & Rocking

Postby Lionel » Fri May 18, 2012 7:10 am

The cavalcade is restricted to 30mph (ish) as over 120,000 people are standing around the side of the cavalcade route and greater speeds with 240 bikes riding in a close convoy isn't safe also there are police all around as well as leading and at the back of the cavalcade, but it is great to take part in ask Robert Mutch.

This year we rode in a box group changing position each lap of the town we were at the back this time and we had a police bike behind us with the blue lights on it was strange riding through red lights and on the wrong side of the road with the law behind me and no tickets:) And I did hit 40mph a few times though :)

You are riding with Tommy Hill etc and proper not street legal race bikes, I've got a picture of me on the fizzy with James Toseland on an R1 riding with me :)
Work To Live don't Live to Work..
Lionel
On the Road & Rocking

Previous

Return to General Fizzy Chat